Friday, October 24, 2008

Our Week Ending 10/23

The beginning of our school week, Friday, October 17, started well enough, but the remainder of the weekend was a bit rocky. Casey and Will spent the night with friends on Saturday night. Michele and I had some discussion about sleeping arrangements: Where should Will sleep? She suggested that Will and the Chipmunk bunk together... after all, they're only 3 and 4 (and I thought, wouldn't that make a funny story for them to share one day); while I suggested that Will and Casey could share a bed - they've done it before. Well, Will wound up sleeping on a sofa - if my understanding is correct - because he was keeping the girls awake, so they kicked him out!

Once the kids were home on Sunday afternoon, we continued our studies and played catch up on Monday.


I'm still working on teaching Casey about the elections process. She and her brother had both a secret ballot election (for their favorite type of candy) and an open election (to vote for their favorite kind of animal). I'm hoping we can actually get to the lapbook this weekend.

Of course, we also did math (I'm skipping a couple of lessons in Saxon 1 - she gets 0 and 1 addition), language arts, and science. As for history, I think I could stay on the Ancient Greeks for months on end. I love it!


Will is still learning his letters and is so proud! He's pointing out all of the letters he's learned and I keep reminding him that before too long, he'll start learning to read.


It was a good week, but I feel like we're slipping behind a little. Maybe it's just my own doubts, insecurities, inadequacies. Whatever they are, I just want this guilty feeling to go away! Maybe it will if we get that Elections lapbook finished!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Say goodby to those doubts and insecurities-I think you're doing a great job. I sometimes feel that way, though. :)
I agree with you about Ancient Egypt-that is such an interesting era to study and learn about.

(Oh, I have to tell you this-my word verification is bless-how fabulous is that?)

Tonia said...

It sounds like you are doing great! Get rid of that guilt! :0)