Thursday, October 23, 2008

What Has Happened at WTM Forums?!

Okay, I admit that I've been slacking on my WTM Forums posting lately - well, with the exception of posting my Wordless Wednesday for this week. I just went to the site and this strange, cryptic message popped up stating,

"The forums are off for the moment ...because the complaints have reached unmanageable levels. They will be turned back on when the moderators have time to deal with them."

So...all of you who are regular posters there: WHAT'S GOING ON?

I can only imagine that it has something to do with the imminent Presidential election. I know things have gotten pretty heated there in the recent past and threats by the powers that be were rampant that if things don't settle down, the boards would be turned off until after the election. Has that finally come to pass? The threats had some follow through? Let me know!

By the way, I noticed that I have a private unread message there, but I cannot access it. If you left it for me, let me know. Having unread mail drives me crazy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup. This exact same thing happened four years ago. I found you by checking on who was blogging about it. I think last time they left up the Curriculum Board and closed down the General Board though. Too many controversial signatures this time though!

Anonymous said...

Yikes, I didn't notice this - I haven't been frequenting it as much as I was.

Brittney said...

Believe it or not, it really didn't have a lot to do with the election. Had to do with the social groups and there not being "rules" set up for them, or if there is, then they aren't/weren't being followed. LOTS of disrespectful things being said and thrown around. It was really quite sad.