Friday, January 2, 2009

A New Year... A Better Year

It's 2009. I hope it's better than 2008 - well, at least the last 2 months of 2008.

Tonight brings the close of the birthday season at my house. My children and husband celebrate their birthdays the last two months of the year. Along with the holidays, that makes for a very busy year-end. And, given the misfortune in our family over the past several weeks, things have been more hectic than ever.

But tonight we're finally having Casey's birthday party - a slumber party, in fact. Five little girls, plus my own children... Have I completely LOST MY MIND?! I hope not. I actually think there is some potential for real fun!

I missed wishing Casey a Happy Birthday on her actual birthday, so... Happy Birthday my 6 year old girl! She and I celebrated by going to the Nutcracker at the Fox Theatre. She was so surprised!

As for the new year, I'm keeping my resolutions minimal - but somehow typical, I suppose. I'm keeping up with the housework using my Motivated Moms calendar. I am going to be more diligent about sending birthday cards (something I've become terrible at remembering ever since I had my first child). I also want to maintain my weight... unless I am blessed with a pregnancy this year.

As for homeschooling, I'm getting back on track with the kids. With everything going on in November and December, I didn't make it through as much material as I had hoped. I guess that's the beauty of home school - you can adapt for your situation, right? We did A LOT of adapting! The new year is also bringing in some new courses of study: for science, we're starting the Human Body (some dissection included!); Art; and I'm going to reintroduce Latin. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I hope everyone has a wonderful 2009!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Angela:
I truly hope that you have a blessed and wonderful 2009!! :)