Thursday, September 17, 2009

Awakenings...

It's 3:45 a.m. and I'm awake. I'm happy I'm awake, in a sense. If I weren't blessed with this pregnancy, in all likelihood, I would be asleep; so, please don't take this post as a complaint, but merely a chronicle of an experience I want to share.

I'm not sleeping because...
...of the pain in my side,
...the frequent during-the-night restroom treks,
...the cramp in my leg,
...the three-point turn around I go through to shift from one side to the other when I'm uncomfortable,
...the baby shifting around - I suppose baby gets uncomfortable, too,
...I can't get the pillows "just right"

But I also think of the good things about being awake...
...blogging and Facebook when few I know are also online (actually, it's kind of lonely)
...knowing that in a few months I'll be awake during the night feeding my little one and this is just the warm up,
...hearing the voice of my little boy talking in his sleep (sweet),
...peeking in on my children and giving them little kisses and watching them wiggle around when I do so,
...balancing my checkbook - wait - maybe not so good!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a very sweet post. Love it!

Rhonda said...

It is so very precious that you are counting your blessings this way, Angela.
I do hope you get better rest tonight.

Anonymous said...

awe!